Rennie Grove Hospice Care is a charity providing specialist care and support for adults and children with a life-limiting illness. Through our unique Hospice at Home service, available day and night, and a range of day services we support our patients to live the best quality life they can with a choice about how and where they are cared for towards the end of life. We're also here for the families of our patients, ensuring that everyone can receive the right support, when they need it, to help them make every moment together matter.
Our Family Support Services (FSS) is seeking Complementary Therapist Volunteers to work across our nursing area in Buckinghamshire.
Complementary therapists work with our patients and their carers or family members to offer a range of treatments that help to contribute to their relaxation and well-being. Treatments will be offered in clients’ homes or virtually. We will pay reasonable expenses, should you wish to claim them
How much time are we asking you to give?
- Flexible depending on your availability, but we would hope that you could offer a minimum of 2 treatments a week.
What will you be doing?
- Providing your chosen therapy or therapies to patients, carers and family members in a holistic way, with an understanding of their diagnosis, treatment, care and current condition.
- Providing feedback to our complementary therapist co-ordinator after treatments.
- Attending regular mandatory group or individual supervision.
- Following all Rennie Grove Hospice care policies and procedures at all times, particularly around infection control and client confidentiality.
- Working alongside our nurses and clinicians to provide a holistic approach for our patients.
What are we looking for?
- Someone who is competent in at least one of the following therapies: ITEC (or equivalent) Massage Therapy; Aromatherapy; Reflexology; Craniosacral Therapy; and Reiki.
- A minimum of one year’s clinical experience after qualification is preferred.
- A qualification that is validated by the appropriate professional body.
- Someone who has an understanding of contraindications or precautions in relation to the therapy you practice and is able to adapt your treatment accordingly.
- Evidence of continual professional development.
- Someone with a calm and empathetic manner with excellent listening and communication skills.
- The ability to be flexible, but able to commit to regular sessions.
- Basic IT skills to be able to keep concise, accurate records.
Training and support
- You will be line managed by our Complementary Therapist Co-ordinators.
- There will be some mandatory training that you will need to complete at the start of your volunteering with us.
- All our Family Support volunteers attend a two-day introductory training course run by the FSS team, and additional training will be provided on a 1:1 basis with the complementary therapies team.
- There will be a short settling in period to make sure you are happy in this role and the role is right for you.
The application process
- There will be an informal interview where you can find out more about the role and discuss if it is right for you; this will be either face to face, on the telephone or virtually
- You will complete a volunteer application form and we will ask for a reference from someone who knows you in a professional context
For more information, please contact the Volunteering Team on 01442 507321 or 01727 731020 or email email@example.com